AN ARTS AND CRAFTS PENDANT BY ARTHUR (1862-1928) AND GEORGIE GASKIN (1866-1934)
the silver openwork foliate pendant is mounted with closed-back oval, circular and pear-shaped opals and graduated pear-shaped green paste stones, stamped 'G' to the reverse and also to the reverse of the pendant opal surmount, the pendant 4cm. wide.
Arthur and Georgie Gaskin were members of the Birmingham Group of Artist-Craftsmen, which sought to apply the principles of the Arts and Crafts movement across the decorative arts. The Gaskins started to produce jewellery from 1899 under the name of Mr. & Mrs. Arthur Gaskin.
£1000 - £1500