Lawrences are operating the Auctionet bidding system; one of Europe’s leading marketplaces for auctions, enabling you to take part in the bidding from anywhere in the world.
Our aim is to provide every client with the best experience possible for selling and buying collectables and antiques at auction. You can browse our sales, place your bids, buy items, pay online and have your items shipped at fixed prices, all with a single login. There are no additional fees for bidding online with Auctionet.com!
If you haven’t already registered for an account, you’ll need to do that first. Go to auctionet.com or download the auctionet App. It only takes a moment and you're ready to bid!
Click Sign up.
Complete the form.
Done! You are now an Auctionet.com customer.
How do I bid in a live auction with Auctionet.com?
Whether you are a UK-based or an international bidder, the Auctionet online bidding system allows you to bid live, in real-time, whilst soaking up the saleroom atmosphere with live video and audio feeds, placing your bids as the items come up.
First of all you have to be a registered customer and logged on to auctionet.com. Not registered yet? Sign up now to your free customer account.
1. Click ‘Follow the auction and bid live'.
2. Click the 'Play' button and the auctioneer will appear.
3. Click the 'Join the bidding' button.
4. Click the 'Place bid' button when you see the amount appear that you wish to bid and 'confirm' your bid.
5. If you're in the lead, you will be notified that 'You are the highest bidder'.
6. If you're outbid, the bid now button will reappear.
If you want to place a higher bid than the suggested 'next bid', you can enter the highest price you want to pay for the item. After that, we will automatically bid on your behalf as favourably as possible, trying to win the auction at the lowest possible amount, until it reaches your maximum bid.
Alternatively, you can place a bid on items anytime between when the sale is published online until the live auction finishes. At the end of the live auction the highest bidder wins the lot. You may also attend these sales and bid in person or leave a commission bid at the saleroom.
How do I bid in an online general sale with Auctionet.com?
These auctions have no specific sale date as they run for a set period of time, usually between 7 and 14 days. Bidders can browse, register and place bids on items anytime between the start and end dates. You can log in and increase your bid at any time. At the end of the sale, the highest bidder wins the lot.
1. Browse all lots.
2. Enter the amount you wish to bid and click the 'Place bid' button.
4. If you're in the lead, you will be notified that 'You are the highest bidder'.
4. If you're outbid, you will be notified and you can enter a higher bid.
You can follow your biddings in "My account".
When you have won an auction, you will receive an email informing you how to pay your invoice, collect your item or order its transportation.